

I am so tired today..working 10 hrs..what a pain...didn't sleep well last night. Insomnia-sleeplessness. Or In-so-mania..I am in so many manias. Dwelling in it., so many things going around din't get any chance to separate them and get mania for each of them. Well, it obvious when u see so many of them..
It was nasty weekend, .dint do anything. Except work..
Missing my parents. Tomorrow is the graduation day.. big day. Remembering 30 months in United states. It started in Jan 2008. After so many trouble finally got in. I never got anything in first chance, I had to push harder and get it done in second chance. Same things happened in my VISA. Immigration officer in Mumbai throw so many questions to me. I couldn’t answer them in obvious way. Tried to give genuine answers. I concluded the interview as VISA ON HOLD. What a answer. The most difficult thing in the world is to wait for something. I was waiting for VISA for almost 1 month. Suffering, Suffering to me and family. Was such a bad era in my life. I will never forget it anytime in my life. It changed al the equations for me. Riddled stuff, Finally got Visa on 26th Jan. Republic day of India. Understood the exact meaning of Republic day for first time in lifetime. Left with 1 day to pack up. Didn’t go as I was expected. Friends were singing “Behti Hawa sa” songs for me.. Kaha chala gaya. Thought of gone in 60 seconds movie. It was gone in 2 days.. everything happened in 2 days. Shopping,, VISA, Air Ticket, everything in 1 day.. and finally continental airline announced “Passenger boarding to flight to Newark are requested to board”. First time in the Air. I was so tired didn’t experience the thrill of air travel. I slept immediately while take off. Woke up after 3-4 hrs and saw everything different. This was the first time I missed my country and place. “3 hours ke baad aisa haal tha to 3 saal baad kaisa hoga” I still remember those days when I always got the foreign feeling ( xenophobic).
After 2 and half years I think I still have that feeling but intensity is reduced. Its that AMERICAN FEELING.. Tomorrow I will be completing my masters. Reason of being in USA. Feeling happy that I did it. So many things learned in these years. These things wouldn’t appear in any book. Lifetime experiences.. Its gr8 to have such experiences. From Verizon process executive to a Verizon customer, bachelors to masters, India to USA, Maharashtra to New Jersey and finally DAHITULE TO PATEL (so called unwritten law of NJ). All this happened in last 2 years. Last part is hypothetical. I am still DAHITULE. “Missing something ?” …Nupe I believe. Except parents and frnds in India.
Thank you for reading…
GOD BLESS YOU…
“Words are the best pencil, it portrays your soul”.
1 comment:
Yogesh,
I never understood the meaning of Insomnia. Your explanation is very true.
Congratulations on your graduation.....
Readers,
I didn't know Yogesh until I came to the States. Yogesh is a true "maniac". No offends, but he is. This is why he is a unique character. NO ONE can predict what runs in his little so called organ (brain).
Despite this fact, he is a gem. We call him Kadak. Very strong and determined person. There are many stories which make him a strong person. I would share these stories with you all one by one.... You will find 1st story in my next blog....
Meanwhile enjoy Yogesh's blog, and
Gbu....
Mayur
Post a Comment